Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Transfer / New Address

Dear Family,

     Hey! How are you? My week has been great! I don't have a whole lot to report on, since transfers were this week, but it's been a good week. My last few days in St. Robert were awesome, the whole ward is so sad I'm leaving. Of course that's bound to happen after being in an area for 7 months, and with the amount of success we had there, I got really attached to a lot of members there, and vice versa. But Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to go around and say goodbye to most of my recent converts, and all of our awesome investigators. Wednesday, my last day in St. Robert, was amazing! We had 4 new investigators! And they were all really solid. First was an amazing woman named Jaquelyn, she's really humble and really prepared, she totally got everything and was just soaking it up. She's really excited to read the Book of Mormon and come to church, and ultimately be baptized. Then later that night we taught a couple named Eugene and Jessica, and their friend Justin who is living with them. They were also really really interested. Both of those cases we met tracting during the last couple of weeks. I'm really excited for Elder Ewert and Elder Barnett to work with them. There are a lot of really great things going on there. But now I'm here in Joplin! Here's my new address:

1705 S. Reinmiller
Joplin, MO 64801

     That will probably be my address until the end of my mission. :(

 
Elder Day, Elder Anders, Elder Goodale Joplin, MO
   Things are awesome here though, I'm really excited to be back in one of my old zones again. It's definitely different being in a real city for the first time on my mission, but Joplin 1st ward is a really awesome ward, and I'm really excited to be here. I'm in a threesome again, with Elder Sam Anders from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Elder Garrett Day, who came out here from Sacramento, California but spent most of his life in Las Vegas, Nevada. Elder Day is 6 foot 6, he's huge. Elder Anders and Elder Day are both really amazing missionaries, and the 3 of us get along really really well and we work really well together. This companionship has been perfect so far, and tons of fun. It's kind of interesting, the last 2 threesomes I've been in, both in St. Robert, were training situations, but this time all 3 of us are Zone Leaders together. I've never seen this before, but it's been awesome. I'm really excited for this next transfer. I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Goodale

No comments: